Data on the controller
The Public Agency for Entrepreneurship, Internationalization, Foreign Investments and Technology is a legal entity of public law that carries out professional and development tasks involving promoting the competitiveness of the economy, in accordance with strategic guidelines and documents adopted by the Government, in the following areas:
- Entrepreneurship and innovation;
- Technological development;
- Foreign investments;
The Agency carries out tasks in the public interest set out by law and by the decision on establishment in order to ensure the continuous, professional and independent implementation of measures in the performance of its tasks.
Personal data and principles of personal data processing
“Personal data” means any information relating to a designated or identifiable individual (hereinafter referred to as the “data subject”), and an identifiable individual is one that can be determined directly or indirectly, in particular by indicating an identifier such as a name, identification number, location data, web identifier, or one or more of the factors characterizing the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual.
The “processing” of personal data means any act or set of acts that is carried out in relation to personal data or sets of personal data with or without automated means, such as the collection, recording, editing, structuring, storing, adjusting or modifying, recalling, insight, use, disclosure by mediation, dissemination or otherwise providing access, customization or combination, limitation, deletion or destruction.
As a personal data controller, we ensure that your personal data is:
- Processed in a legitimate, fair and transparent manner;
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner incompatible with these purposes, unless it involves further processing for archival purposes, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes;
- Relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- Accurate and, where necessary, updated accordingly;
- Stored in a form that enables the identification of data subjects only for the time required for the purposes for which personal data is processed (personal data may be stored for a longer period if it is to be processed only for archival purposes, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes), whereby we also implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the rights and freedoms of the data subject;
- Processed in such a way as to ensure the adequate security of personal data, including protection against unauthorized or illicit processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage by appropriate technical or organizational measures.
Personal data processing
We only process your personal data in the following cases:
- The data subject has consented to the processing of his/her personal data for one or more specified purposes;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing is necessary to fulfil the legal obligations applicable to the controller;
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another person;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercising of the public authority granted to the controller;
- Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require the protection of personal data, in particular if the data subject is a child (this item shall not apply to processing by public authorities in the performance of their tasks).
Personal data storage
We shall keep your personal data only for the time required for the purposes for which it is stored in order to meet your needs or fulfil our legal obligations.
Unless the regulations governing the storage of documentary and archival material specify otherwise, we use the following criteria to determine the retention period of your data:
- When you are our contractual party, we store your personal data for the duration of the contractual relationship;
- When you participate in a promotional offer, we store your personal data for the duration of the promotional offer;
- When you contact us due with a demand, we store your personal data for the duration of demand processing;
- When you allow information and notification about our activities, we store your personal data until you withdraw;
- If you have cookies installed on your computer, we store them for as long as necessary to achieve their purpose.
We may retain certain personal data in accordance with our legal or regulatory obligations, and for managing our rights (for example: the enforcement of our claims in courts) or for statistical or historical purposes.
When your personal data is no longer needed, we remove it from our systems and records or anonymize it so that we can no longer identify you through them.
Security of personal data retention
We are committed to the safe retention of your personal data, taking into account all the relevant security measures. We contractually require that trustworthy third parties, who handle your personal data, do the same.
We always do our best to protect your personal data; when we receive it, we use appropriate procedures and securing functions to try to prevent unauthorized access. Since data transfer through the web is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your data submitted through our website; therefore every transfer in this respect shall be carried out at your own risk.
Links to third-party websites and social media applications
From time to time, our websites and applications can contain links to the websites of the entities we work with. If you follow a link to one of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies, for which we are not responsible or subjected to. Please check these policies before submitting any personal data to these websites.
Your rights and opportunities
- The right to withdraw consent: when the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time. You may withdraw the consent in the same way as you provided it (for example, electronically).
- The right to access: You may require us to provide information about the personal data we keep about you, including information about what kind of personal data we keep, what we use it for, where/how we collect it if not directly from you, and to whom the data is disclosed, as well as, where appropriate, the period of retention of your personal data, your rights in connection with your personal data and information about the possible existence of automated decision-making (including profiling) and the reasons for it, and the significance and foreseeable consequences of such processing for you.
- The right to correction: you may request us to correct inaccurate personal data we hold on you.
- The right to restriction: you may request us to restrict the processing of your personal data if:
- You challenge the accuracy of your personal data, namely, for the period we need to verify the accuracy of the data;
- The processing is illegal and you require a processing restriction instead of the deletion of your personal data;
- We no longer need your data but we need to keep it to enforce, implement or defend your legal claims;
- You object to the processing, at the time of verification whether our legal basis prevails over yours.
- The personal data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- Processing is based on your consent and you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis for processing;
- Processing is based on your consent and you object to the processing, and there is no other legal basis for processing;
- Your personal data has been processed unlawfully;
- This is necessary for the fulfilment of legal obligations;
- The personal data was collected in connection with information society services offered directly to a child. The processing of the personal data of a child is lawful when the child is at least 16 years old. When the child is below the age of 16 years, such processing shall only be lawful if and to the extent that consent is given or authorised by the holder of parental responsibility over the child.
We may request proof of your identity in order to process your request.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we handle and use your personal data, or if you wish to enforce any of the above rights, please contact us at email@example.com.